The initial, free app will be a non-scale-able calling card in one font, all caps (raster art). It will have a quick, easy, “How-to” at the beginning, illustrated and animated.
1. We collaborate on naming the app and story board.
2. We test the UI (getting from point a. to b., etc.,) at actual dpi printed out on little pieces of paper, get feedback, change/adopt accordingly.
3. Figure out gesture controls.
4. Check out other apps: “VINE”, “DROPBOX”, “ULTRALINX”, and ”UNCRATE” in app section.
Update #2: We circulate the little App. 20% negative feedback: I don’t get it, what does it do? Most people “got it”. But wanted more (i.e. to buy actual cards or where does it go? Can I choose my own font?)
- Investigate font(s); check licensing for apps (its expensive!)
- Investigate scrap book/collection device.
- Investigate “At Home” hours posted on Facebook.
- Hone “bruise” and embossed quality of engraving (initial “DAVID” test looks debossed and bruise too subtle._